VAT Commercial Manager
Have you been working in consulting and/or in an in-house role in the indirect tax function? Dreaming about putting your commercial talents at work on your own deals while at the same time be a knowledgeable partner for VAT technical discussions with our prospects and clients? Do you feel it is time to trade in your business suit for sneakers? Do you want to be part of the future of VAT technology?
We are looking for a commercial VAT talent that is flexible to fly out on a regular basis and join our sales team visiting prospects and clients in Europe and the US. Having the legal VAT and practical finance knowledge, you will be acting as the VAT liaison between the prospect and our sales team. You can think creatively how to align different processes to optimize the VAT recovery for our clients. You are the type of person that blows away the typical picture of a VAT advisor. You instantly mingle well with delegates at events and at the same time have the natural ability to act professionally and create trust at C-level.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Join our sales team on onsite meetings
- Bring the required VAT expertise that is expected at a multinational level
- Provide VAT knowledge support for our Sales Development, Sales & Customer Success teams
- Contribute to the RFP processes
- Be our ears and eyes for new product requests from customers
- Customize and improve the demo for the different sales opportunities
- Be a full part of the VAT knowledge team to share your experience and insights to optimize our processes
- Work with our partners to train them on VAT and recognize new commercial opportunities
- Build and maintain relationship with the different tax authorities
- Speak at conferences and events on behalf of VATBox and generate leads
- Work closely with Marketing on messaging per region, country and industry
Desired Skills and Experience
- Big 4 / lawyer training in international indirect taxation.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the VAT field.
- Able to combine a commercial mindset with delivery of good quality work.
- Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be skilled in the preparation of presentations, documents, reports and use of spreadsheets.
- A background in an in-house function would be a strong +.
- Experience with VAT issues in multinational companies.
- Eager to learn and develop into the technology area.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a tech company in an international setting.
- Fluency in English (written & spoken) – additional language a distinctive advantage – German speaker a clear +.
- Master in Accountancy, Fiscal Economics, Fiscal law or similar.
- Stress resistant and able to meet strong deadlines.
- Adaptive to work flexible working hours.
- Building quickly networks in an outside the company
- Working hours: 32-40 hours per week
- Travel: ~15-25%
- Competitive compensation package
If you believe to possess these skills, then we would very much like to hear from you!
Any further questions contact Leslie Peuler at: email@example.com or via phone on +31 20 810 222 2.