Taxable Employee Benefits (Solution) Manager
Amsterdam (NL), Herzliya (IL), remotely
VATBox is a fintech SaaS company that has developed a proprietary AI-based deep technology (protected by an extensive patent portfolio) enabling businesses to deal with tax data compliance challenges. VATBox helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance and optimal savings.
The company is at an exciting inflection point, coming from the combination of technology breakthrough, expanded offering beyond VAT/GST to Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax, and new strategic partnership agreements.
VATBox is expanding its cloud tax assurance product suite to cover employee driven spend from multiple taxation scopes. For our product analyzing employee spend from a taxable benefit perspective we are looking for a Taxable Employee Benefits Solution Manager that will be the content owner of this product and the central ‘go to’ person for your colleagues, clients and prospects to discuss this solution from a tax technical and payroll process operational perspective.
The Taxable Employee Benefits product is at the verge of being rolled-out to multiple countries while new clients users will be added to the platform. Your role is to work with local advisors to collect the relevant legal rules and translate these into system rules for our product by working closely with our product and R&D team to develop the required features to support specific country requirements. At the same time with your practical knowledge on payroll processes you will advise the product team on creating the best user experience and most efficient online working environment and output reporting for our clients. Ultimately you will be testing the rules and the behaviour of the system that you have designed with the team to ensure it behaves as it should. No country or feature will be released without your sign-off!
This role will fit best to a person that wants to be part of next generation cloud based tax solutions that helps international business to regain transparency and control over the taxable benefit compliance of the employee driven spend. Coming from an advisory or inhouse role in payroll with proven experience in the field of taxable benefits in different countries, your next aim is to be in the driver seat and play a key role in further developing and rolling out this product. You will be able to leverage your experience gained over the past few years and put your signature to this still further developing product.
We are looking for a creative person, eager to learn and further develop in technology, a global citizen that is able to work with different stakeholders and partners within and outside the company, easily moving from a tax legal SME discussion to a higher level corporate governance discussion at C-level. This role will appeal to a detail oriented, creative thinker that enjoys problem solving and is interested in tax software/technology. Understanding of tax information and the ability to determine how they apply to the products is desirable, but not a must since there is an experienced team that will help you to get adjusted in this unique role.
Research & Content Management
- Engage advisors for the research of onboarding new countries to the product
- Set timelines, deliverables and budget when working with external advisors
- Perform own research based tax knowledge databases & online resources
- Monitor the impact of proposed legislation for deployed countries
- Ensure the content and rules within the product stay up-to-date
- Translate legal requirements into system rules
- Flag required new features within the solution to the Product team to enable the support of local legal requirements or business reporting requirements
- Agree with Product on the release prioritization of new features and countries
- Advise on improving user screens, output reports and workflows to improve User Experience
- Review output of pre-release testing rounds and advise product on output gaps resolution
Taxable Employee Benefits SME
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for our various teams and clients in Taxable Employee Benefit related matters.
- Legal Quality Assurance (review testing output) of newly implemented system rules and features
- Assis Product Marketing on reviewing and creating marketing materials from a tax legal content point of view
- Join our commercial teams on demos and client calls to answer tax related questions and understand business (process) requirements
- Master’s degree (preferably in finance, accounting or taxation)
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in an international corporate payroll / wage tax function
- Proven experience in payroll rules in different countries
- Preferably work experience in a SSC environment
- English at proficient level
- Hands-on mentality. Able to delegate and motivate others by way of leading by example, while also not shy of working shoulder by shoulder to get things done.
- Demonstrate capability to set priorities effectively and skills to work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong core skills including strategic thinking, creative problem-solving
- Ability to think in system configuration possibilities and limitations
- Exceptional attention to details
- Explain complex issues in a simple way
- Team player – naturally integrate within a multidisciplinary team
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Good employee benefits
- Tech scale-up working environment
- Ongoing training and mentoring
- An innovative and fun working environment where you can express your creative ideas and execute your professional goals
- Possibility to build your own TEB team
- Be part of determining the strategic path of the TEB product
- Relocation package to Amsterdam for EU citizens
This position can be based either out of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) or Herzliya (Israel). We would only provide for a relocation package and support for EU citizens moving to the Amsterdam area. Foreign applicants relocating to the Netherlands for this position may be eligible for 30% income tax benefit.
We do welcome applicants with a proven relevant background that would be willing to work remotely and would travel periodically to Amsterdam or Israel.
We would especially welcome US payroll professionals to apply that would work remotely from the US.
VATBox is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Important note for Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website and other direct application channels are only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of VATBox. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
VATBox does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. VATBox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserves its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Staffing and Recruiting Agencies that are not a preferred supplier but do wish to respond to a vacancy, should contact email@example.com for further enquiries.