Tax Specialist – Product Management
Poland / NL
VATBox is a fintech SaaS company that has developed a proprietary AI-based deep technology (protected by an extensive patent portfolio,) enabling businesses to deal with tax data compliance challenges. VATBox helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance and optimal savings.
The company is at an exciting inflection point, coming from the combination of technology breakthrough, expanded offering beyond VAT/GST to Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax, and new strategic partnership agreements.
VATBox is expanding its cloud tax assurance product suite to cover employee driven spend from multiple taxation scopes. We are looking for a tax Product Ops that will take full responsibility over the taxation rules operations.
VATBOX automated TAX Platform is leading the VAT market and The Taxable Employee Benefits product is expanding to new countries. As part of the product team, your role is to work with the TAX knowledge department to collect the relevant legal rules and translate these into system rules, you will be responsible for optimizing the rules, putting together best practices and support resources as well as solving operational challenges. You will be working closely with our product and R&D team to develop the required features to support specific country requirements.
This role will fit a person who is experienced in international taxation and wants to transition to the high-tech world and be part of next generation cloud based tax solutions that helps international business to regain transparency and control over the taxable benefit compliance of the employee driven spend. You will play a key role in further developing and rolling out this product.
We are looking for a detail oriented, creative thinker that enjoys problem solving and is interested in tax software/technology. Understanding of tax information and the ability to determine how they apply to the products is a must.
- Lead deployment of new Tax products and new territories
- Translate legal requirements into Product rules
- Ensure the configuration, content and rules within the product stay up-to-date
- Review output of pre-release testing rounds and advise product on output gaps resolution
- Analyze statistical and usage data in production to continuously improve product
- Work within the Product team and together with R&D to enable the support of new requirements.
- Be the focal point for our clients in Taxable Employee Benefit and VAT posting configuration matters.
- Conduct Competitive analysis research and provide recommendations
- Assist product marketing to accurately target tax oriented personnel.
- Master’s degree (preferably in finance, accounting or taxation)
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in an international corporate tax function
- Proven experience in payroll rules in different countries
- Preferably work experience in a SSC environment
- Tech first approach: resolve problems by applying technology
- English at proficient level
- Experience in business analysis is an advantage
- Hands-on mentality.
- Demonstrate capability to set priorities effectively and skills to work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal English communication skills
- Ability to think in system configuration possibilities and limitations
- Team player – naturally integrate within a multidisciplinary team
VATBox is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.