Machine Learning Engineer
VATBox has successfully digitised the VAT/GST recovery workflow with its cloud-based enterprise recovery solution. Using intelligent automation, VATBox helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance and maximum savings. Fusing AI and Computer Vision with human expertise, VATBox provides a full spectrum of VAT/GST audit and recovery services. Benchmarks for tax, finance and procurement – aimed to encourage process improvements and compliance – are all collected in one easy-to-use portal with drill-down capabilities into every single transaction, no matter how small.
Join us to support our mission to empower tax professionals to make strategic business decisions based on transactional data.
As a business we believe to be successful our most important resource is our employees. When employees are happy and content in the workplace, we have found they are more engaged and have a higher output compared to other environments. To ensure we have a vibrant and exciting atmosphere in the office we live by a few simple values.
Honesty and Trustworthy – To be honest with our clients and each other both inside and outside the office.
Collaborative and Team Player – To be able to work with our diverse teams and clients supporting and assisting where required
Accountable – To be able to lead and be responsible for your decisions
Ambitious and Driven – To be passionate about what we do and able to relay that drive and ambitiousness to clients
Be your self – Most importantly we want you to be comfortable knowing you can be you in the work place without the worry of not being able to talk to us regarding whatever maybe going on in your personal life.
By having these values, and such an open working culture we have found our employees are more successful, engaged, motivated, happy both whilst in the workplace and at home. Together we can enhance businesses, grow compliance and governance, and decrease our impact on the environment.
Position over view
Are you looking to put your A-player skills to work for a fast-growth company with a revolutionary product and visionary leadership? If so, then we want you! VATBox hires only the best; together we are changing the future of financial technology. We have a professional and dynamic team and an amazing, collaborative work culture. VATBox is seeking new team members ready to jump on the express train.
You will work on designing and implementing a high-performance infrastructure for training and deploying machine learning models to provide fast, robust, highly scalable services in production. This will include working with data scientists to facilitate their work while ensuring software engineering best-practice.
- Design and implement infrastructure to train, deploy, and monitor machine learning models.
- Work with distributed computing technologies for processing big-data to train-models and make features available in production.
- Write production-ready Python code for model training and deployment.
- Practical understanding of Machine Learning
- Able to write high quality, production-ready, Python code
- Experience with SQL databases and key-value stores (NoSQL)
- Understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Experience working with containerization and orchestration technologies – docker, kubernetes.
- Experience working with AWS or at least another common cloud platform (GCP/Azure)
- Familiar with distributed general-purpose cluster-computing (e.g. Spark, Dask, Ray)
- Comfortable with Unix-based systems
- Familiar with testing methodologies and TDD best practices
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent (advanced courses or an MSc in a related field are a major plus)
- Experience partaking machine learning research and model building from scratch
- Basic familiarity with ETL/BI tools & methodologies
- Experience with using tools in the MLOps domain (Kubeflow, Apache Airflow)
- Familiar with Scala
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Generous compensation package.
- The best tools and equipment to ensure smooth working (personal laptop, headphones, ergonomic bag and a secret surprise…)
- Ongoing training and mentoring by industry leaders to empower you to be at your best and achieve the most.
- Innovative & fun working environment where you express your creative ideas and execute your professional goals.
VATBox is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for our position, you give VATBox consent to contact you via the details submitted from you on your CV and archive as per the GDPR