Indirect Tax Manager
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
VATBox has successfully digitised the VAT/GST recovery workflow with its cloud-based enterprise recovery solution. Using intelligent automation, VATBox helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance and maximum savings. Fusing AI and Computer Vision with human expertise, VATBox provides a full spectrum of VAT/GST audit and recovery services. Benchmarks for tax, finance and procurement – aimed to encourage process improvements and compliance – are all collected in one easy-to-use portal with drill-down capabilities into every single transaction, no matter how small.
Join us to support our mission to empower tax professionals to make strategic business decisions based on transactional data.
As a business we believe to be successful our most important resource is our employees. When employees are happy and content in the workplace, we have found they are more engaged and have a higher output compared to other environments. To ensure we have a vibrant and exciting atmosphere in the office we live by a few simple values.
Honesty and Trustworthy – To be honest with our clients and each other both inside and outside the office.
Collaborative and Team Player – To be able to work with our diverse teams and clients supporting and assisting where required.
Accountable – To be able to lead and be responsible for your decisions.
Ambitious and Driven – To be passionate about what we do and able to relay that drive and ambitiousness to clients.
Be your self – Most importantly we want you to be comfortable knowing you can be you in the work place without the worry of not being able to talk to us regarding whatever maybe going on in your personal life.
By having these values, and such an open working culture we have found our employees are more successful, engaged, motivated, happy both whilst in the workplace and at home. Together we can enhance businesses, grow compliance and governance, and decrease our impact on the environment.
Position over view
Have you been working in consulting and/or an in-house role in the indirect tax function? Dreaming about putting your technical knowledge and experience to work both internally as well towards our clients, where you have ownership over your own projects and represent the Tax Knowledge function independently towards our Fortune 1000 client base? Do you feel it is time to trade in your business suit for sneakers? Do you want to be part of the future of VAT & Tax technology?
Stop contemplating and join us for this unique opportunity. We are looking for a Indirect Tax (Technical) Manager that is flexible to on one day fly out to support our Customer Success team on the implementation of a new client, and the next day brainstorm with our Product and R&D team to translate your knowledge in the next feature on our solution. While the third day you may be involved in interpreting different local and ECoJ cases to obtain a ruling or clarify a legal position towards authorities. Last but not least you will be indulged in the algorithms and settings of our core solution that is covering 50+ countries globally, and will work with local advisors to ensure our system settings are updated to the latest requirements and regimes.
Having the legal VAT and practical finance knowledge, you will be acting as the VAT & finance liaison between the client and our CS team. You can think creatively how to align different processes to optimize the VAT&GST recovery for our clients. You have the ability to easily build relationships as trusted advisor internally and externally. Can be detailed focused when maintaining and updating our system rules, but can see the bigger picture and think of a multi-departmental solution when a client requires a customisation or we want to crack an inefficiency using technology.
- Join our CS team on client calls and onsite meetings
- Bring the required VAT / GST expertise that is expected at a multinational level
- Provide VAT knowledge support for our Sales Development, Sales & Customer Success teams
- Contribute to the RFP processes
- Be our ears and eyes for new product requests from clients
- Work with local advisors to keep our solution fully up-to-date
- Be a full part of the Tax knowledge team to share your experience and insights to optimize our processes
- Maintain our internal tax knowledge and tax process database
- Train our new joiners and existing staff on VAT & GST developments.
- Have responsibility over communication with the different tax authorities
- Speak at conferences and events on behalf of VATBox
- Work with Marketing on messaging per region, country and industry
- Big 4 / lawyer training in international indirect taxation
- Experience as an in-house VAT expert (preferably in a SSC environment or working closely with a SSC)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the VAT/GST field
- Working knowledge of ERPs and corporate finance processes
- Able to combine a commercial mindset with delivery of good quality work
- Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be skilled in the preparation of presentations, documents, reports and use of spreadsheets.
- Experience with VAT issues in multinational companies
- Eager to learn and develop into the technology area
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a tech company in an international setting
- Fluency in English (written & spoken) – additional language a distinctive advantage – a native Polish, Czech, Hungarian speaker is a clear +
- Master in Accountancy, Fiscal Economics, Fiscal law or similar
- Stress resistant and able to meet strong deadlines
- Adaptive to work flexible working hours
- Flexibility to cope with changing priorities and to take full ownership (not working in silo’s)
- Building quickly networks in an outside the company
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Sophistic and leading-edge tools and equipment to ensure you are able to perform to the best of your abilities
- Ongoing training and mentoring by our senior VAT knowledge team to empower you to be at your best and achieve the most.
- Innovative & fun working environment where your express your creative ideas and execute your professional goals.
VATBox is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Due to high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. If you have not heard back within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuitable in this instance. We will however keep your CV and details on file for other opportunities which may better fit your skills and experience.